WorkSource Macon-Bibb assists business leaders and human resource professionals with talent support solutions to help them compete and grow.
We understand the challenges of recruiting specialized talent, hiring new team members and training existing employees in today’s competitive market. Our services provide solutions to attract, retain, and advance workforce needs to help businesses succeed. You can apply for just one of our programs, take advantage of all available services, or choose a solution that’s tailored to your company’s specific goal.
Our programs partner closely with economic development organizations, education providers, and others to support higher-wage, higher-growth industries.
Join the state’s workforce database and connect with thousands of job seekers and job listings: www.employgeorgia.com
Job Seeker Compatibility and Pre-Screening
WorkSource Macon-Bibb can find and match job candidates who fit your hiring needs and conduct initial evaluations to identify experience and talent.
We can help identify qualified candidates for your job openings by using a variety of tools to assess everything from basic reading and writing to specific job proficiency.
We can provide other customized services to fit your need, including interview space and in-person hiring events.
The WorkSource Business Services team can assist with or oversee your talent acquisition needs and our dedicated professionals can help you hire the talent you need to succeed. Let us help you save time and money grow your business! Connect with a Business Service Specialist at (478) 751-6164.
- Help find top talent to match specific business needs. 100% 100%
- Host and promote hiring fairs to attract specialized talent. 100% 100%
- Provide space to conduct interviews. 100% 100%
- Help identify qualified candidates using screening tools to assess job proficiency. 100% 100%
WorkSource Macon-Bibb provides an extraordinary opportunity to transform and improve the needs of any business and offers nationally-recognized training grants to help companies compete and grow.
- Our grants cover a matching portion of training expenses and partial wage reimbursement.
- Businesses stay in full control of how, when, and where they train their employees. We provide the expertise, funding, and resources needed to succeed.
- We have helped regional businesses boost their productivity while helping their employees grow and compete.
Businesses develop an on-the-job training and skill development plan for new hires while helping build a trained workforce to meet the needs of the business.
TRAIN EXISTING EMPLOYEES
Qualified companies can access customized training and education programs for current employees. The length of the program and the delivery is flexible and tailored to the specific skill requirements of the company, grounding the training in the immediate need of nationally-recognized credentials and certifications that benefit the business and the employee.
Registered Apprenticeship combines on-the-job training with job-related classroom instruction to provide the technical and academic competencies that apply to the job. This instruction can be delivered by an education and training provider – or by the business itself. Apprenticeship programs include careers in healthcare, information technology, advanced manufacturing, transportation and logistics, and energy.
Work experience helps develop the future talent pipeline by assisting individuals with establishing a work history and with demonstrating success in the workplace.
BUSINESS & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
Employers are eligible to receive federal tax credit by offering customized training to new or current employees. The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) coordinates the WOTC program which provides employers financial incentives when hiring workers from targeted groups of job seekers by reducing an employer’s federal income tax liability. The tax credit ranges from $1,200 to $9,600 per qualified employee, depending on the target group.
For more information on tax credit, click here Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC).
If you anticipate your company downsizing or closing its doors, contact WorkSource Macon-Bibb immediately. The Rapid Response team assists businesses by providing resources and on-site visits that will help minimize the disruptions associated with a job loss.
- Layoff aversion strategies
- Pre-layoff assistance
- Unemployment insurance information
- Comprehensive skills assessment
- Employee assistance strategies
- Referrals to community services
- Professional development and training options
- Applications for NAFTA-TAA benefits, if appropriate
- Health insurance options
- Career fairs to attract employers that are seeking skillsets associated with laid-off individuals
An excellent resource for additional business assistance information is WorkSource Georgia