The Workforce Division and its partners provide a variety of services to assist companies and dislocated workers. These services help workers return to work quickly with job search assistance, education, and training options. A rapid response team organized quickly can develop the state and local resources tailored to the needs of workers. For large numbers, services may be provided in onsite or freestanding transition centers.
The Rapid Response Team can:
- Conduct employee information sessions;
- Coordinate with local service agencies and community partners to provide integrated services;
- Refer to WARN notification information;
- Assist with Trade Act petitions when jobs move to other countries;
- Survey employees to determine appropriate services;
- Provide resource packets and materials; and
- Arrange for interpreters.
The Rapid Response Team may include:
- Unemployment Insurance Specialists
- Education and Training Representatives
- ClearPoint Credit Counseling Solutions
- Health and Human Services
- Other customized services to meet company and worker needs
Re-employment and Education Services provides:
- Job search, matching, development, and referral;
- Labor market information;
- Seminars in interviewing, résumé writing, salary negotiation, job application, computer use, career exploration, and customized topics;
- Career assessment and counseling;
- Access to training in occupation skills, GED preparation, and English as a second language;
- Unemployment Insurance;
- Support in meeting financial and family needs; and
- Easy access to coordinated services.